Govia continues to invest in making sure we remain at the forefront of the transport industry and will keep looking for smarter ways to improve the service we offer customers to make it as easy as possible for them to travel with us.
This greater understanding of our customers means we’ve moved from transporting largely anonymous passengers to being able to communicate with many of them in a more personalised manner. We can remind also them when there’s a special offer on a journey they’ve made in the past. And if we know they’re likely to have children then we can promote ‘family’ days out and activities for them.
Govia has been leading the field in its approach to smartcard technology and marketing for some time.
Our online customer database can be used for effective, targeted marketing campaigns across our rail businesses and now has almost four million registered customers.
The data gathered through this channel enables us to gain a fuller understanding of passengers’ travel habits and purchase preferences. This means we can provide them with relevant information and products to suit their needs.
- Govia's contactless smartcard - fully ITSO compliant
- 'The Key' is now the largest smart card scheme outside London - 480,000 users
- 92% coverage of Southern's network
- First smart card to provide weekly and monthly PLUSBUS tickets, links with car clubs, electric vehicle charging, and includes railcards
- Innovate new products such as 'flex' season tickets and pay-as-you-go
- Integration/compatibility with Oyster (and other smartcard systems) enabling 'The Key' to be used on trains, tubes and buses across Travelcard Zones.
- Now available on Thameslink and Great Northern (between London and Huntingdon & Royston) for season ticket holders
- Available on London Midland for journeys on the Snow Hill route between Worcester and Dorridge/Stratford
- Due to be introduced on Southeastern in December 2016
- Easy to buy - purchase online 24 hours a day
- Easy to renew - top up online, on-bus, in travel centres
- Easy to use - no need to carry cash or take out of your wallet to use
- Secure - if your card is lost or stolen we can cancel it and send you a new one with your remaining credit still on it
- Saving - range of tickets available giving complete flexibility
- Environmentally friendly - no more paper tickets
For more information visit